We are granting full scholarships to Bay Area Wilderness Training courses between September 1, 2018 and December 31, 2019 for all youth workers and educators serving youth in Santa Clara County.
- Work or volunteer for an organization that serves youth in Santa Clara County
- Register for a course that takes place between September 2018 and December 2019.
*During July and August 2018, the scholarship program will be open and Santa Clara Country qualified leaders can register for courses with start dates after 9/1/18.
Frequently Asked Questions
What courses can I use the scholarship for?
- Wilderness Leadership Training
- Frontcountry Leadership Training
- Hiking Leadership Training
*The Camping at the Presidio Leadership Training, the Camping at the Presidio Orientation, and the Gear Orientation do NOT qualify for this scholarship.
How do I receive the scholarship?
There is no formal application process to this program. When you sign up for a course, you must select the Santa Clara County Scholarship Registration option. This way, your registration fee will be waived.
I have already taken a BAWT course. Can I register for a different course and receive a scholarship?
Due to the limited number of scholarships available, we are limiting this option for the following circumstances:
- YES, if you have ONLY taken the Hiking Leadership Training and you would now like to take the Snowshoeing, Frontcountry, or Wilderness Leadership Training courses.
- YES, if you have taken the Wilderness or Frontcountry Leadership Training courses and you would now like to take the Snowshoe course.
- NO, if you have already taken either the Frontcountry or Wilderness Leadership Training course and would like to take either the Frontcountry or Wilderness Leadership Training courses.
I have already registered for a BAWT course after September 1, 2018. Can I receive a refund for my fees?
Yes, but you will need to contact Andrea Fraume email@example.com before your course date to work out the details of your refund. If you contact us after your course date we cannot issue a refund.
Do I need to serve a specific demographic of youth to qualify for the SCC Scholarship Program?
No. Anyone who serves youth in Santa Clara County will qualify for the scholarship.
Can I enroll in more than one BAWT course with the SCC Scholarship Program?
No, you can only receive this scholarship one time and for one course.
I was granted a full scholarship and I can no longer attend. Can I transfer my registration over to a different course?
As per BAWT’s Course Cancellation Policy, we accept cancellations at least 30 days in advance. In the case of the Santa Clara County Scholarship Program, we will accept a request to shift registration to the same course on a different date that falls within the time frame of the scholarship program (Sept 2018 to December 2019). We can only make this switch if the alternate course still has spaces available.
I was granted a full scholarship for a course, and I can no longer attend. Can I transfer my registration to another person in my organization?
Yes, but they must attend the same course date as the one you registered for. And they must complete all of the requirements of the training program.
If you have additional questions about this program, please contact Andrea Fraume at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is possible because of the Open Space Authority’s Measure Q Urban Grant Program.
We are grateful and honored to work with the OSA for another year!