True to their name, these are orientations to the BAWT gear libraries in Oakland or Milpitas. We want you to see the gear, learn to navigate our reservations systems, and learn about our gear use policies.
The Gear Orientation is an evening classroom session designed to give you access to our gear libraries. The Gear Orientation also supplements the weekend Frontcountry Leadership Training and Camping at the Presidio Leadership Training. It’s a fun evening that will supply you with useful information about our gear!
It is compulsory that FLT grads complete the GO! in order to borrow gear. Currently, the GO! is part of the pre-trip meeting for all FLT courses. The GO! also gives CAPLT grads wider access to use the gear from our gear libraries for trips outside of the Presidio.
All Gear Orientations are from 5 – 7 pm unless otherwise noted
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016 – Oakland Gear Library
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016 – South Bay Gear Library (Milpitas) **7-9pm
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016 – Oakland Gear Library
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 – Oakland Gear Library
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017 – Oakland Gear Library
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017 – South Bay Gear Library (Milpitas) **7-9pm
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 – Oakland Gear Library **6-8pm
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 – South Bay Gear Library (Milpitas) **7-9pm
Email the Oakland office: Aaron@bawt.org
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
The cost for the gear orientation is $20. It covers the evening training session and course materials.
Are you already an experienced leader?
If you have proven experience in outdoor education, you can also take the GO! as a standalone course and gain access to our gear that way. Please complete the online registration form and then download and complete the supplemental GO! Application for Field Experienced Leaders. Only the most seasoned and experienced leaders will be approved for this option.
Download Field Experienced Leader Application (Excel-document)
Please email email@example.com with any questions or call us at 510-452-2298 x301.