To participate in the program:
- Your school must be part of the OUSD Middle School Network. For a complete list of those schools click here.
- Two middle school staff members (one afterschool and one school-day) must sign-on to become Outdoor Program Leaders for the school. They will complete the applications as well as oversee outdoor programs at the school for the grant period. They will each receive a $1000 stipend. For more information about this role and who can qualify to be an Outdoor Program Leader please click here.
- Two staff must complete an outdoor leadership professional development training (Frontcountry Leadership Training) in November with Bay Area Wilderness Training. This training is free and included with the grant award.
- Commit to taking a minimum of 75 students on camping trips during the grant period.
- Complete and turn in application online by October 1, 2018.